Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Language Preference: English
Area of Expertise: MMI + panel interview coaching and CV + personal statement editing for both medical school entrance and CaRMS.
A bit about me:
– What school you are in now, what you love to do in life?
- PGY1 in Family Medicine at the University of Ottawa.
- My career interests lie primarily in (integrative) mental health, but I also enjoy rare disorders, dysmorphology, and health care reform.
– Why do you want to coach?
- I have a strong background in education and coaching. I have always enjoyed sharing my knowledge with others and helping them to achieve their academic and non-academic goals.
- I am pleased to state that I have helped several students achieve success in being accepted into medical school.
– Hobbies/extra curriculars now and when you were applying.
- Now: Weightlifting, exercising outdoors, reading, writing, volunteering
- When applying: Same as above
Application experience: I applied only to NOSM and got in on my first try. I have a bachelor of arts in psychology and CELTA certification.
I have been through the CaRMS process twice; I transferred from pathology to family medicine in 2019.